May 26, 2009

5.23.09 I vegan sandwiches in echo parque

of all my years exploring the east side, i somehow never found my way to echo park blvd. but suddenly there i was, with boyfriend and dog in tow, on a sunny saturday afternoon in search of some vegan sandwiches at chango coffee house. the particular block we were on was so cute and reminded me of being in san francisco...sigh!! we made our way in and promptly ordered our food...pesto chicken salad sandwich for me and the manlier and "meatier" steak and cheese for steve, both of which were toasted upon ordering. the sandwiches were so freakin good!! the bread was nice and toasted on the outside, but warm and chewy on the inside...yum!! I thought the steak and cheese could have used a couple more minutes in the oven to fully melt the teese, but steve didn't seem to mind one bit. i also ordered an iced soy latte, which I can't really comment on because i couldn't get over my delicious sandwich. apparently the sandwiches are a hit and we were lucky enough to score the last two of the day...nice! full review available at quarrygirl.com.

afterwards we headed over to scoops for some vegan soy ice cream. a one-scoop serving split between banana chocolate and chocolate peanut butter was enough to fulfill both our sweet tooth cravings. best vegan ice cream in l.a.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment