May 27, 2009

5.25.09 | Memorial Day Brunch

Steve and I started off Memorial Day a bit hungover and super hungry. Because we were both craving different things, we made separate meals.

Tofu Scramble (recipe available at Veg Web)
I cut back the "Cheez Sauce" by half and still had more than enough for my scramble. I threw in some diced tomatoes, chopped onions, swiss chard and vegan sausage crumbles I had made earlier in the week. Leftovers worked out perfectly the next day for a hearty breakfast sandwich.

Steve opted for Tofurky Chipotle Hot Dogs...so typical!! :)

Kale and Italian Sausage (recipe available at Veg Web)
Because I had some kale I needed to desperately use, I also made a side dish with the Tofurky Chipotle franks which turned out really well. The recipe recommends using Tofurky's Italian Sausage, but I just don't like them. However I can see how sausage links would add better texture to the dish over plain franks. I think I'll try making this with Tofurky's Kielbasa Sausages next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment